THE VISION 2020 AND WHAT THE NDC MUST DO TO AVOID ITS CASCADING REPERCUSSIONS.
Sometime during the early years of the 4th Republic, the late Founder of NDC, JJ Rawlings came out with his Vision 2020. The intent of the vision was to develop Ghana into one of the Asian Tiger countries, with a well developed economy. With such economic structures, NDC could rule from 1992 to 2020 without transfer of power. The NDC did it’s best but could not accomplish the target.
Moving forward, it is important for NDC leadership to take a retrospective look at the vision 2020 and factor it into the strategy victory 2024.
The Founder with the vision 2020 led the country for two terms, but could not accomplish his dreams. He died in 2020, signefyimg a break in vision. As a Party we have to read into the past to construct the
It is important to note the following VP positions.
1. In 1992, the partner of late Rawlings was Ackaah.
2. 1996 was Rawlings and Mills.
3. 2020 was Mills and Martin Amidu.
4. 2004 was Muhammed Mumuni (stolen verdict ended in court).
5. 2008 was with JM.
6. 2012 JM and Amissah Arthur.
7. 2016 was JM and Amissah Arthur (At thie second term, Amissah Arthur was supposed to be changed to win political power)
8. 2020 was JM ana Prof Naana, (stolen virdict ended in court)
As we strategize for victory 2024, JM would need a new running mate, to conform with the past winning pattern
This is where we have to consider the injured vis8on 2020. JJ who signed the NDC constitution with his blood, died in 2020 with an uncompleted vision, We would need someone from his heritage to partner JM to revive the spirit and vision of agenda 2020 to enrich and support our strategy for victory 2024.